Wednesday, February 20, 2008

the art of the apron


I have been trying to perfect the apron I am making for the Sassy Apron Swap. It's cute and reversable, but just needs a little something. I think I need to add jumbo ric rac to the bottom, embroider the pocket, or something. I am still thinking on that and need to get it out by March 1st. In the mean time, I attempted another apron as a birthday gift for my friend. I took a pattern I found on the internet and adjusted it and added a ruffle. I love the colors and just hope the fit is right. The last apron was one my sister in law, Shannon, and I made pretty quickly yesterday. She had one more day in town and wanted to whip one up. I love the pink and brown. Still I like this adapted pattern, but would love it to have a flounce on the bottom instead of the ruffle or band of fabric. The nicest thing about it is that it is reversable and that is the one adjustment that I made that I am most proud of. Any suggestions?

1 comment:

Melissa {polkadot chair} said...

i love them they are so awesome! how lucky for shannon that you made her one while she was here...
i think you could add an entire row of little buttons on the top pocket.. different sizes and colors that match the fabric. the giant ric rac on the border with the bottom would be cute and you could add it around the neck too... or you could applique a really big (like 8 inches across) flower across the pocket and the apron...
i think they look great the way they are ...
after seeing these they are sooo cute.. i might have to make another one... i got kinda burned out over christmas.. but you've "inspired" me!
m-