Thursday, October 30, 2008

orange burlap and a little felt


I got home from our trip Saturday night and have been making something for Halloween everyday since. I think Halloween is my favorite holiday to craft for. I think part of it is that I love orange. I made two more spooky banners to give as gifts. Those are so simple, but just take more time than I always plan for. Then, I made these pumpkin wall hangings like I did last year. I had tons more orange burlap that needed to be put to good use. I saw them at a craft fair and recreated my own version. While on vacation my sister in law had a ton of projects on her list of things to do with me. We stayed up almost every night making bags for her and her girls. It was cool seeing my 17 and 11 year old nieces start a bag and have it almost completed in an hour. Plus, I love the fabrics they picked out. I forgot to take pictures of them though because I didn't have my favorite camera with me and then forgot to whip out the little Olympus that I did bring. Which reminds me, my SLR's flash isn't working and I am feeling all crazy about that. Got to get it fixed! We also made a Happy Birthday Banner for each of us as well while there. And, since the next two months bring tons of birthdays in this family, then it was just in time. I will take a photo of it and post it for next time. In the mean time, each night around here has been filled with caramel apple making, sugar cookie frosting, and tonight is pumpkin carving. Love it!

1 comment:

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

I love my pumkin guy. He hung on our door (until yesterday)and welcomed all of our visitors and guests to our home. I love having such a creative friend. You inspire me!