Saturday, December 27, 2008

love from grandma and grandpa


We had a special present to open on Christmas Eve from my parents in San Diego. My mom made the sweetest pillow cases for the kids to put on their pillows Christmas Eve. They came with a poem and two wonderful books, Snowmen at Night and Snowmen at Christmas. As kids my siblings and I had special pillow cases similar to these that my mom made. We would each pick a different one each Christmas Eve to put on our pillows. I loved them and I know my kids love these too. Since you can't read the poem in the photo, this is what it says:

Each Christmas Eve I lad in bed
I cannot fall asleep
'Cuz Santa and his elves will bring
some toys and games that beep!

My brain is in a thinking mode
I wiggle and I giggle
Then I get my MAGIC CASE
And slip it on my pillow.

I close my eyes and start to dream
Of gifts and sugar plums.
Then all at once my mother's voice
Tells me that Santa's come.

When you can't sleep on
Christmas Eve
You toss and turn and wiggle
Just slip this MAGIC PILLOW case
Over your soft pillow.

No comments: