Tuesday, February 17, 2009

vintage find


I found this cute fabric at the flea market (it's really an inside store with booths, but they call it a flea market). I LOVED IT. Look at that cute donkey sipping his soda! But, now I don't know what I want to make with it. That happens when I find something I really love. Instead of just jumping in and using it, I hang on to it waiting to use it in the "best" project. But, we all know, there is no best project. I am thinking I will use it in a tote, but I am still thinking...

5 comments:

dana said...

AWESOME find! that's really cute. And even cooler knowing that's truly vintage and not a modern replica.

Kathryn-nannygoat said...

SO cute! Okay, where did you find this flea market? I love a good flea market.

Barbara said...

That's just adorable. Can't wait to see what you make with it.

Julie said...

You find the best things at that place!

Brittany said...

That is really cute! I had a similar fabric sitting around for a couple years, except mine was a vintage-looking zoo print, but not vintage itself. Anyway, I finally used it in a baby blanket with borders, rick-rack, and prairie points (I'm told, but I don't know anything about quilting) around the edge. The blanket actually turned out a lot like my best friend's zoo baby blanket. I didn't want to break up the images on the fabric, so leaving a big chunk in the middle worked out nicely for me. (Here's a link if you need a visual.) I'm sure whatever you do with it will be adorable.